Paragon Software releases Paragon Hard Disk Manager for Mac — a full-featured software to protect and manage your macOS system, now with High Sierra 10.13 and APFS (Apple File System) support. This utility covers all aspects of a Mac’s life cycle, from drive partitioning and regular backup to system migration, flexible disaster recovery options, and secure wiping of recycled storage. The new edition allows users to bypass System Integrity Protection (SIP) limitations, so Hard Disk Manager operations are no longer inhibited by it. Any operation with a system disk can be performed, even when SIP is enabled. The current release doesn’t yet include APFS backup functionality, which is anticipated in the next product update.
Sector-level data processing via Snapshot allows users to perform migration of an entire Mac — including the operating system, applications, and files — without interrupting your daily routine. Advanced functionality includes the resizing of partitions, redistribution of free space, and other advanced disk operations.
New! macOS High Sierra 10.13 support
New! Detect and display APFS on a disk map
New! Resize (shrink and increase) of APFS container
New! Bypass SIP technology
New! Bootable media creation on 10.13 (APFS and HFS+)
- Sector-level backup through Snapshot delivers superior backup and recovery speed, plus overall performance. Paragon’s Snapshot performs live imaging of the entire Mac, including OS, applications and files, all without a system restart.
- Incremental imaging is the most efficient backup method for keeping data up-to-date by excluding duplicates and minimizing the backup storage footprint for several timestamps of the same data.
- Free space redistribution on adjacent partitions without restarting Mac.
- Apple Core Storage: Backup and restore any type of Core Storage configurations including FileVault 2 (Full Disk Encryption) and Fusion Drive.
- Boot Media Builder: Create a bootable USB thumb drive or external drive to restore macOS system volumes or accomplish drive partitioning outside of macOS.
- Disk cloning: Transfer not only macOS, but Boot Camp Windows volumes as well, resizing partitions proportional to the size of the target disk or any way you need it while copying.
- Wide restore options include restore of macOS, Boot Camp Windows, any set of data partitions, or an entire Mac to the original or new location; fast restore of individual files by mounting backup images in read-only mode; restore with various resize options.
- Virtualization ready: Back up your Mac into a VMDK container and launch the system in VMware Fusion environment or vice versa.
- Data wiping: Irreversibly destroy information on a volume, or only remnants of deleted files and directories on the disk.
- Data containers support (VMDK or VHD): Hard Disk Manager supports pVHD (Paragon Virtual Hard Drive), a special VHD image optimized for backups of virtual and physical machines. pVHD eliminates the limitations of standard virtual drive formats, such as a poor compression ratio, integrity control, and encryption capabilities. As a result, it creates backups that are up to four times smaller than original backup objects!
- Fix Windows boot issues: If Windows OS volume refuses to boot after replacing a failed hardware device, boot virus activity, or other issue, our boot repair tools can be used prior to taking more radical actions.
- Partition schemes support: Hard Disk Manager supports GUID Partition Table (GPT), Master Boot Record (MBR), and hybrid (GPT+MBR) partition schemes, and allows easy non-destructive conversion between them.
- Rich file system support: Create, format, resize, change properties of HFS+, NTFS, ExtFS, FAT, and exFAT partitions. Resize of an APFS container is also now possible.
System Requirements: OS X 10.7 or later.
Pricing & Availability: Paragon Hard Disk Manager for Mac is available for immediate download as a free 10-day trial or can be purchased direct for $39.95 at http://www.paragon-software.com/home/hdm-mac/. For other macOS tools, please visit Paragon’s Mac Toolbox at http://www.paragon-software.com/mac/