Are you an administrator or a service provider who maintains VMware virtual infrastructures? Need to create an ad-hoc virtual machine backup with minimal time and effort? Or are you looking for an effective way of copying VMs between VMware installations? Take a look at Paragon’s brand new Protect and Restore VM Copy Tool.
Unlike other solutions, VM Copy Tool fully encapsulates the target VM, including its current state, all available snapshots, and connected external devices. It does the job even if you don’t use clusters or shared storage, and when vMotion technology isn’t allowed on your VMware license. By leveraging the native VMware NFC (Network File Copy) and Paragon’s data transfer technology, Protect and Restore VM Copy Tool can deploy multiple virtual machines or individual files from one ESX(i) host or vCenter to another in one simple action. Best of all, VM Copy Tool is free* to use.
Easy Ad-hoc VM Backup
VM Copy Tool is ideal when you need to create a full backup of a Linux or Windows virtual machine residing on any version of ESX(i) or vCenter from 4.1 Update 3 to 6.5, including its current state, all available snapshots, and connected external devices. You can choose any mounted local or network disks available to the system as a backup location with only a few guided mouse clicks.
To minimize network traffic and storage requirements, contents of the target machine are double compressed during the process: First when creating data streams, then again by archiving streams into a .zip file. To avoid unauthorized access, VM files are not exported in their original state, but as a set of secure data containers with GUID names, that can’t be parsed by third-party tools.
The only requirement is that VMs must be powered off or suspended before creating ad-hoc backup.
Unique VM Migration Capabilities
If you don’t use shared storage or clusters, or your hypervisor’s license doesn’t include VMware vMotion technology, it’s a challenge to migrate virtual machines from one host to another. Sure, you can use VMware Converter or export virtual machines to a “middleman” system, then re-import them into the destination host, but that could take hours and only works with Windows-based guest systems. There are third-party tools on the market to help ease this pain, but if you are looking for real relief, try our free Paragon Protect and Restore VM Copy Tool.
Compared to paid VMware vMotion and third-party applications that utilize similar technology, VM Copy Tool doesn’t move VMs to the target host, but creates clones that include not only the current state, but an entire snapshot tree with connected external devices, e.g. ISO-images. VM Copy Tool does the job even if the source and target hardware platforms are completely different. And did we mention it’s free* to use and doesn’t require vMotion in your virtual infrastructure?
- VM Copy Tool is the only solution on the market that encapsulates not only the current state of a virtual machine, but also an entire snapshot tree
- VM Copy Tool is the only solution on the market that easily migrates so-called “linked clones,” saving valuable hours once spent on tedious manual operations
- VM Copy Tool is the only solution on the market that copies virtual machines between isolated virtual infrastructures
- VM Copy Tool helps to achieve your goals even if the source and target hardware platforms are completely different
Want to learn more about Paragon Protect and Restore VM Copy Tool? Please visit our website.
* Available free of charge for non-profit usage inside a company only. Paragon Protect & Restore VM Copy Tool is also a component of Standard and Enterprise HDM Technician Licenses. If you would like to use this tool to provide commercial IT services for third-parties, please, consider buying Paragon Technician License.